Thursday, July 8, 2010

Comic Cafe + Reading Group!


For as long as I've been at The Comic Hunter, Wednesday night has always been for hanging out and talking comics with everyone who passes through, as well as a few regulars who stay later and chat it up!

As much as I look forward to Wednesday for the new books, I look forward to hanging out with a few friends to talk about what we've read and whatnot.

Since our move to the new store, our Wednesday "hang-out" crowd has grown from 3-4 to 6-8.

The last few weeks we've been talking about getting a "book club" started, where once a month someone picks a graphic novel that we'll read before a set date, and talk about that one. Nothing too fancy or organized, just something casual, mostly to get us all to read something that we might not normally pick up!

We've got the first two months schedule picked out, and if anyone is interested in joining us, feel free to contact me or come see me at the store!

Aug. 4th -> Cowboy Ninja Viking Vol. 1
Sept. 1st -> Saga of the Swamp Thing Vol. 1 HC

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double complete rainbow all the way across the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna do the Cowboy Ninja Viking one for sure. Put it in my file.

    ReplyDelete